Popular Post
Recent Post

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ten of the Most Bad Ass Tattoos in Movies

 1.jpg
I already have one tattoo on my arm, and I’ve been thinking about getting another one.  I want something really hardcore this time around, and I’ve been leaning toward either a tribal tattoo on the small of my back or a dolphin on my ankle. 
Blade’s Tribals – Blade
blade_nape_sm.jpg
Sweet Moses, those are some nasty tats.
Fox’s Multiple Tattoos – Wanted
angelina_tattoo.jpg
Angelina Jolie has something like 13 real tattoos, but she’s not even close to as tatted-up as her character Fox in Wanted.  Jolie got to keep some her tattoos exposed for the movie, but as you can see, several faux ones were added as well. 
Jack Carter’s Mancats – Get Carter
s19.jpg
To pull off the double mancats Jack Carter has, you need to have some seriously steroid-inflated guns.  Stallone obviously has no problem with this bad ass look, but I’m not sure it’d work for me.  I would probably have to downgrade to kittens.  Chicks like kittens, though, right?
Viper’s Face & Tongue Tattoos – Doomsday
doomsday5.jpg
For me, Viper is the most memorable part of the mostly-disappointing Doomsday.  Her bad ass chick schtick isn’t just an act, and the tattoos aren’t just for show – she set a guy on fire and then ate him.  Whoever did the ink on Viper’s face is quite artistic.
Nikolai Luzhin’s Prison Tattoos – Eastern Promises
viggo.jpg
Actually a member of the Russian Security Services, “Nikolai” is covered in symbolic prison tattoos to give him street cred with the Russian Mafia.  Not pictured are his most bad ass tattoos of all: the stars on his knees, which symbolize the fact that he will never kneel before any man.
Denton Van Zan’s Dragon Tattoos – Reign of Fire
chest_closeup.jpg
Van Zan has two dragons tattooed on his chest, with their tails wrapping around his shoulders and down his arms.  It’s a great look and is enhanced by the fact that Van Zan is pretty friggin ripped.  You’d look pretty ridiculous with a pair of dragons inked on your floppy man-boobs, so this bad ass look isn’t for everyone.
Hando’s Skeleton-Bone Arm Tattoo – Romper Stomper
romper.jpg
This is a personal favorite of mine, and again, it’s something I could never pull off.  The closest I’ve come to Hando’s tat is a pair of knee-high socks with the tibia and fibula printed on them that a girl I used to date bought me at the “Bodies” exhibition.  Tough guys don’t go to the “Bodies” exhibition, they put people in the exhibition.  My socks do kick ass, though.
Snake’s Snake – Escape From New York
snake.jpg
This one is pretty self-explanatory, and a giant cobra emerging from your crotch is nothing short of awesome.  If you’re uncircumsized, would that make it a hooded cobra?
Francis Dolarhyde’s Dragon – Red Dragon
reddragon-photo_11_hires.jpg
I think this one speaks for itself, but it’s only the second-best tattoo in this article.  Yes, it’s truly bad ass, but it doesn’t compare to…
Seth Gecko’s Arm & Neck Tattoo – From Dusk Till Dawn
seth.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment